Dating site ro
Archeological vestiges point to the existence of workshops, warehouses and shops in the area. Remus Opreanu Soaring 26 feet, this lighthouse was built in 1860 by the Danubius and Black Sea Company to honor Genoese merchants who established a flourishing sea trade community here in the 13th century. Regina Elisabeta 2 Tel: 0241 617.416 During the 1914 visit to Romania of the Russian Imperial Family, the casino was host to a royal gala.Remains of the Roman public baths can still be seen nearby. Despite the intended arrangement, Grand Duchess Olga refused the proposed marriage to Prince Carol II of Romania and the Russians sailed away.Once considered Romania's very own Monte Carlo, Constanta Casino is today ... During the 1930s, its elegant salons hosted the Constanta Masonic Lodge. Ferdinand The park houses columns and fragments of 3rd and 4th century buildings and a 6th century tower.Address: Strada Arhiepiscopiei 25Tel: 0241 611.408 Constructed in Greco-Roman style between 18, the church was severely damaged during WWII and was restored in 1951.The interior murals display a neo-Byzantine style combined with Romanian elements best observed in the iconostasis and pews, chandeliers and candlesticks (bronze and brass alloy), all designed by Ion Mincu and completed in Paris. Admission charge (English tour guide available) Organized chronologically in four sections, the museum features charts, moldings, ancient and modern boat models, navigation instruments, documents and photographs.Address: Strada Arhiepiscopiei 5 (Ovidiu Square) Built in 1910 by King Carol I, the mosque is the seat of the Mufti, the spiritual leader of the 55,000 Muslims (Turks and Tatars by origin) who live along the coast of the Dobrogea region. You can find a dug-out canoe made from a single tree trunk, a navigation case from the 16th century, a mid-17th century celestial globe made in Venice and models of Greek triremes. Opened in 1958, the Constanta Aquarium houses representatives of 60 species of fish from the Black Sea and the Danube Delta, as well as from the seaside lake.Originally called Tomis, legend has it that Jason landed here with the Argonauts after finding the Golden Fleece.Founded by Greek colonists from Miletos in the 6th century BC, Tomis was conquered by the Romans in 71 BC and renamed Constantiana by Roman Emperor Constantine the Great in honor of his sister.
Address: Parcul Tabacarie Built by master carpenters from the Maramures region in authentic Romanian style, this is the biggest wooden church in Romania, 85 ft long and 40 ft wide topped by a 140-ft tower. Titulescu 11 Dating from 1937, this church was built after architect Romano de Simon's plans. Where: 3 miles north of Constanta Access: car, taxi, public transportation A favorite weekend get-away for locals, Mamaia is one of the most sought-after resorts on the Black Sea coast.The structure is shaped like a Roman basilica, specific to the northern part of Italy. A narrow stretch of fine-sand beach between the Black Sea and Lake Siutghiol ("Lake of Milk" in Turkish), Mamaia boasts numerous hotels, a casino, sporting facilities (water sports, biking, tennis, beach games), and hip nightclubs and restaurants located within 100 feet of the sea.The buttress and geometrical motifs are reminiscent of the 13th century Romanic style. You can spend the mornings cooling down at the beach or at the Aqua Magic Park, located at the very entrance of the resort, and the afternoons taking in the view of the Black Sea by riding the Telegondola (Cable Car).It is a place with a long and interesting past, attested by its many Roman vestiges, historic buildings, facades and mosques that color the Old City Centre.Constanta's best known swuare (and meeting place) honors the first Roman major poet, Ovid (Publius Ovidius Naso) Roman Emperor Augustus exiled Ovid to Tomis in year 8 AD.